Monday, October 16, 2006

Yo Beowulf shoot

Rehearsals continue


Went to the Yellow Clog shoot today. Picture Loretta, sitting at the back of the theatre, bowler hat and cigar, waving a walking stick around. It was like Cabaret meets The Kid's from Fame.

Yo Beowulf (a shadow puppet cabaret) is actually very impressive. I didn't think it was going to be my bag but it's truly cohesive. No wonder Loretta is so esteemed in the world of performance-experimental-theatre-art...or whatever.
And Pfeiffer Braun's flute solo at the end of Act II is a revelation. I had almost like, a spiritual epiphany.

Nancy was there. Loretta's given her a bit part; her left thumb is involved in a battle scene.

Anyway, off to a ukelele session, then dinner with my friend Natalie, uber-babe of the new literati. She wants me to shoot her for Vanity Fair in Maribel de las Casas swimwear.
x

p.s. Ludo Jansdotter's coming over next week to work on the Sofia Coppola photo montage.
I'm thinking trapeze skirt/military jacket or military skirt/trapeze jacket...can't quite make up my mind.

p.p.s. Ludo Jansdotter seems to be a little obsessed with Jane Birkin. Maybe I should go more skinny vest, jeans in boots, mohair beret, beads...

No comments: