Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Rainy days and Mondays

Some feelings I need to unpack: Ever since Ludo Jansdotter came back from Paris, I have been feeling a little uncertain. Don’t get me wrong, I think I really do heart him, but it’s all been such a whirlwind and I am so very tired.
I thought the reason I liked Ludo Jansdotter was his get up and go but if I have to wake up one more morning with a Mitch Martini hangover, before an afternoon of Parkour for Beginners, and dinner and dance at The Cuckoo Club, I think I shall collapse.

Recently, I have been thinking about Celine and how happy she is looking after Agnes and Etienne. OK there is the occasional film review for La Bicyclette Bleu, singing every Saturday night (and alternate Thursdays) at Soiree, manning the phones at Les Samaritans twice a week, but it’s a simple life. I suppose what I’m trying to say is that maybe I’d like a nice husband one day soon, and maybe even a family. And I can’t imagine Ludo Jansdotter is ready for all that.

And all this is compounded by the fact that I heard on the grapevine that my ex, playboy celebrity hair-designer, Tony Novembre is getting married next month on a beach somewhere in Zanzibar, where they’re going to settle down and export woven goods to overpriced shops in Notting Hill.

Deep breath…sigh…

…And then I look at someone like Maribel de las Casas, whizzing around the world, party after party, and I think she’d be happy doing that forever.

Deeper sigh…

…I saw an elderly couple holding hands this morning. It made me cry. Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.

Gosh I’ve just had an epiphany! Ludo Jansdotter is actually me, in male art director/photographer/graphic artist/illustrator David LaChapelle-type form. We’re exactly the same, what with our 100 projects at once and countless after school activities.
Now I’m really confused. This warrants more unpacking than I had first envisaged.


I’m coming down with something. Imagine how much I feel like meeting Maribel de las Casas in 2 hours for Three-Legged Merengue.

No comments: