Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend at Kettles

Ahhh, there's nothing like a weekend at Kettles to get over all this death nonsense and put a spring back in one's step. It was so lovely to spend time with Ma and Pa and Ptolemy and Gracie. On Saturday we went to the village fete where old-Mrs-Bell-down-the-lane had some glorious quince jelly; I bought a whole box! I'm going to package it up all modern-pretty with brown paper and raffia and send it to all my friends overseas, they'll love my little bit of English countryside in a jar!
We spent the rest of the afternoon laughing and playing pooh-sticks...oh...England!

On Sunday, we all had a paddle in the river at the bottom of the garden (which was surprisingly warm), then Ludo, who was luckily shooting a story for Lula nearby, managed to pop down for a few hours. The menfolk went to the pub while Ma, Gracie and I talked about my baby shower, which I have reluctantly agreed to. Gracie's a darling but rather eccentric and I fear some random party games involving lucky rabbit's feet.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, Ludo's watching Battleship Potemkin again and I don't much fancy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you like the jam
x